Flower beds can be easily made, once you know where you will set it, what type of plants you will plant in and of course what material you will use for the edging. And although there are many alternatives for the edging or border, you can never be wrong if you choose stones.
So, today, we want to show you how you can easily make stunning stone flower beds.
First of all, there are no certain rules of what type of stones to use because you can use all types and sizes. Arrange them around a flower bed in one line, or maybe even try making a raised flower bed. Here is what you will have to do:
- Mark the bed by laying a garden hose around the perimeter. Pour sand on the top of the hose and remove the hose to get a clear line.
- Then, dig a trench 2” wider than the stones and 3” deep.
- Fill with 2” of gravel and tamp firm with a hand tamper and after that add sand.
- Now it’s time to set the first row of stones butted against each other. Set the second and subsequent stones on top.
- Fill the bed with light topsoil with plenty of peat moss so that it can drain easily.
And now keep on scrolling to see some amazing stone flower beds that you can get inspired from. Enjoy!
Stunning Stone Flower Beds
Besides using stones for making flower beds, some bigger ones can be also turned into amazing planters. Like this one here are great for planting succulents. And they look absolutely awesome thanks to the rich hues and texture of succulents that make one perfect combo with the stones.
If you want to find more Gardening How-To’s, take a look at the Shoestring Gardener Book!
With 300+ pages, you will be able to replace all of the toxic products in your garden with hundreds of eco-friendly, creatively frugal gardening tutorials, remedies & tips.
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you Frugal-minded Pricing Just for YOU!
- Grow Robust Organic Vitamin Rich Vegetables for a Healthier Diet
- Dramatically Increase the Quality & Fertility of Your Garden Soil
- Save Lots of Money on Garden Tools & Gadgets
- DIY Garden Projects – Creative and Inventive Ideas
- Cost Saving Methods and Techniques