Purslane, or Portulaca oleracea, is a beautiful plant with yellow flowers. It originates from Persian and India, but has been spread all over the world.
These days, it can be found all around us, and you can even have it in the garden, but consider it a common weed, without being aware that it is a powerful health-boosting food.
Apparently, it is a rich source of fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, B vitamins, manganese, potassium, iron, magnesium, calcium, and copper, Omega-3 fatty acids, betalain pigments, and carotenoids.
Here are some of the health benefits of the consumption of purslane:
Iron and copper are vital for a healthy circulatory system, that improves overall health since more blood manages to get to the areas where it is needed in the body.
Being rich in potassium and Omega-3 fatty acids, purslane improves heart health, lowers blood pressure, and bad cholesterol.
This powerful plant treats various kinds of gastrointestinal problems, from diarrhea to dysentery, as it contains high amounts of alanine, dopamine, malic acid, citric acid, and glucose.
Purslane is low in calories, rich in fiber and nutrients, so it can keep you full and help you lose excess body weight. Therefore, next time you notice purslane in the garden, pick it, and find a tasty recipe t enjoy it and reap its benefits!
You can try the following purslane salad:
Purslane salad- recipe
- 1bunch purslane, chopped, with the stems removed
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 3/4 cup melon, cubed
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plain whole milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- pinches salt
- pinches pepper
Leave the red onion, red wine vinegar, and lemon juice in a bowl aside to marinate. In a large bowl, put the purslane, drizzle with yogurt and olive oil, and distribute them evenly over the greens using tongs.
Add the lemon zest, salt, and pepper, stir, and then add the red onions, vinegar, and lemon juice. Stir again, add the remaining ingredients, and enjoy it!
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.