Indoor plants are kept in most homes and offices, as people have always cherished the numerous benefits they offer. When grown inside, they cleanse the air from harmful toxins and chemicals, and positively affect health.
A study conducted by NASA in the ’80s confirmed these properties of indoor houseplants. Scientists found that ornamental plants help fight Sick Building Syndrome, which is a condition manifested by adverse effects on health and comfort in building occupants due to time spent in a building.
The air we breathe is actually stagnant, and toxins build up and cannot escape since buildings are sealed-up more than ever.
The most common toxins found in buildings and homes like benzene, formaldehyde, acetone, chloroform, dichlorobenzene, carbon tetrachloride, tetrachloroethylene, toluene, ethyl acetate, methylene chloride, trichloroethylene, and xylene.
Fortunately, their effects can all be neutralized by having some of these natural air purifying systems in the form of plants.
The NASA study showed that there are numerous plants that can purify the air and revitalize by absorbing the pollutants in the air. The positive findings actually made them decide to send plants into space to help keep astronauts’ air healthy and create an optimal life support environment.
These 12 plants are the most effective for removing indoor toxins:
1. Hedera helix, English ivy
2. Chlorophytum comosum, spider plant
3. Ficus benjamina, weeping fig
4. Philodendron scandens `oxycardium’, heartleaf philodendron
5. Chamaedorea sefritzii, bamboo or reed palm
6. Dracaena deremensis `Janet Craig’, Janet Craig dracaena
7. Dracaena deremensis `Warneckii’, Warneck dracaena
8. Sansevieria trifasciata, snake plant
9. Spathiphyllum `Mauna Loa’, peace lily
10. Philodendron selloum, selloum philodendron
11. Epipiremnum aureum, golden pothos
12. Aglaonema modestum, Chinese evergreen
However, despite cleansing the air from dangerous chemicals and pollutants, indoor plants offer multiple other benefits as well.
They are natural humidifiers of the air and can leave a natural, pleasant, and fresh scent in the room, and some of them, like Aloe Vera, can be used as natural healing remedies in the treatment of various health issues.
Moreover, studies have shown that a plant in the home or in the office creates a positive atmosphere that lowers stress levels, boosts productivity, and fights fatigue.
The vapor of certain plants, like jasmine and lavender, helps you fall asleep easily. Plants are known to be able to induce a state of tranquility that will ensure a good night’s sleep.
Plants and flowers in the room improve mental health as well, boost positivity, and can also help in the case of depression and loneliness.
Therefore, decorate your home with the ones you like most, and allow your plants to improve the air quality, eliminate toxins and pollutants, and create a clean and relaxing atmosphere in the room.
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.