Someone once said that a garden without roses is like a sky without start. True isn’t it?
Roses are a symbol of beauty and romance. Each of them shines with special loveliness.
So, every gardener takes special care for his roses to be healthy and bloom perfectly.
The first step in providing good conditions for your roses is choosing the spot. Roses love sunlight, so exposing them in complete sunshine for about 6 months will result amazingly. They also thrive in well-drained soil rich in nutrients.
You need to make sure that the soil doesn’t get depleted from the most important ingredients which are essential for the roses by adding any kind of fertilizers to it.
Potassium, nitrogen, and phosphorus are the three vital minerals for roses, as well as magnesium and calcium.
What do these minerals for the roses?
What potassium does, is strengthening the immune system of plants and protects them from various diseases and insects. It gives them strength to survive in the colder weather and changes in the climate. It is easy to recognize a plant that doesn’t receive enough potassium, you will see its stems fragile, its buds not developed and its leaves are somewhat brown.
With magnesium roses produce more flowers and have brighter color. Magnesium gives a deep green color to their leaves as well.
Vital ingredients for roses’s development and growth are nitrogen and phosphorus, since they make the stems strong.
You can make organic and completely natural fertilizers, with ingredients you have in your kitchen – banana peels and coffee grounds.
What makes bananas and roses a perfect match?
Most people eat bananas every day, because bananas are full of nutrients.Banana peels are used as a perfect organic fertilizer for roses because they are full of nutritious minerals, potassium, magnesium, and sulfur.
How can you add bananas to the soil?
- It is advisable to chop up banana peels since this will accelerate the decomposition procedure and permit the plant to retain the mineral much sooner.
- Adding chopped bananas to the fertilizer is one approach to supplement the dirt.
- Another route is to cover the fruits and the peels specifically in the dirt, at the plant base. You can repeat this system month to month. For this situation, it is recommended to include a little amount of nitrogen manure to the dirt also, on the grounds that nitrogen is expected to break down alternate ingredients.
- You can make a pound by cutting 3 ready bananas into little pieces. Empty one 16 ounces of water into a blender and include several eggshells and the chopped bananas. Blend the ingredients altogether to permit them to consolidate and put 1 measure of the blend around the plant’s bed. This ought to be repeated each month during the developing season.
Why are coffee grounds beneficial for the roses?
Coffee grounds will enrich the soil because they have 2 percent content of nitrogen.
It is important to know, that coffee grounds are used only as a supplement, and not as a nitrogen fertilizer. So, this means that you will need to add nitrogen so that the plant roots can absorb.
Coffee grounds are worth recycling because they enrich the structure of the soil. Their pH level is close to neutral, between 6.5 to 6.8 pH.
How can you use coffee grounds?
Just put some coffee grounds in the top layer of soil around the roses. You can also spread some coffee grounds and cover with dry leaves or compost, since these ingredients won’t allow drying of the coffee grounds.
You can enrich the compost and make layers of 1/3 grass clipping, 1/3 leaves and 1/3 coffee grounds. Just add them to the existing heap of compost, and remember, the amount of carbon should be mixed together with them.
If you take good care of them, your roses will reward you greatly. Soon, they will give you the best fragrance in your garden, and of course a breathtaking view.
With 300+ pages, you will be able to replace all of the toxic products in your garden with hundreds of eco-friendly, creatively frugal gardening tutorials, remedies & tips.
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you Frugal-minded Pricing Just for YOU!
- Grow Robust Organic Vitamin Rich Vegetables for a Healthier Diet
- Dramatically Increase the Quality & Fertility of Your Garden Soil
- Save Lots of Money on Garden Tools & Gadgets
- DIY Garden Projects – Creative and Inventive Ideas
- Cost Saving Methods and Techniques