A recent research has shown that the thyme essential oil and its ingredient thymol have powerful antiseptic properties. Thymol is often included in numerous mouthwashes and antiseptic wipes.
Another study has shown that thyme soothes pain, and thyme oil has been traditionally used to relieve pain for hundreds of years.
The findings of a study conducted at the Iran’s Babol University of Medical Sciences have confirmed that thyme is an extremely powerful pain-relieving herb, and it alleviates menstrual pain even better than ibuprofen.
This study involved 84 women university students who had reported difficult menstruation, aged between 18 and 24 years old, and they all suffered from primary dysmenorrhea.
It is the painful cramping during the menstrual cycle, often accompanied by symptoms like nausea, dizziness, backache, and headaches. Secondary dysmenorrhea is manifested by menses pain which is related to another underlying condition.
Also, primary dysmenorrhea occurs within two years of the beginning of menses (menarche) and women feel no pelvic pain during the other parts of the monthly cycle.
These are some of the most important uses of thyme essential oil:
Antirheumatic: Rheumatism is a result of arthritis, the improper or obstructed circulation, or gout, the increased concentration of toxins such as uric acid in the bloodstream. Thyme essential oil is extremely effective in both cases, as it has diuretic properties and removes toxins through the urine. It also acts as a stimulant, activating the circulation.
Antiseptic: Its potent antiseptic properties quickly treat wounds and sores and prevent infections. The main reason for this capacity is the presence of components such as Caryophyllene and Camphene.
Hypertensive: It normalizes blood pressure by raising it, so it is useful for people who have low blood pressure and fall unconscious and feel sluggish.
Tonic: This essential oil boosts circulation and strengthens immunity, supports the health of the nervous, heart, and digestive system, the muscles, and the skin.
Additional uses of this beneficial essential uses:
- Thymol protects and boosts the percentage of healthy fats in cell membranes
- Its consumption raises the DHA (docosahexaenoic acid, an omega-3 fatty acid) levels in brain, kidney, and heart cell membranes
- Thymol, a chemical constituent of thyme essential oil, boosts the blood flow to the skin, and thus accelerates the healing of wounds and skin issues
- It destroys nail fungus
- It kills parasites
- It treats urinary tract and bladder infections and its diuretic properties improve its effectiveness
- Pour some of it on a hot compress and apply it on the affected areas to treat sciatica, gout, rheumatic pain, sprains, muscular aches and pains, sports injuries, arthritis
- Add it in a sitz bath or massage to stimulate menstruation for weak or missing periods
- You can use it to treat Candida and vaginitis
- Mix it with lavender, rosemary, and cedar wood and add it to grapeseed and jojoba carrier oils to treat alopecia area by massaging the scalp. Repeat daily for several months.
- In the case of Athlete’s foot, apply it neat or undiluted, but apply some fatty cream on the area previously to protect the skin.
- Thyme is a common ingredient in natural hand sanitizers
- You can use it as a hair tonic or in a face wash to treat acne and warts
- To soothe the insect stings and bites, crush the fresh herb or use diluted oil and apply it on the area
- Use a 1% solution as an antibacterial wash for fresh produce
- Thyme will keep insects away from your home
- To prevent irritations, it is wise to always use thyme in combinations. You can blend it with lavender, pine, lemon, bergamot, grapefruit, and rosemary essential oil.
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.
Join 925,000 others and start your day with the latest news from grow your own, propagating and harvesting plants, how to save money and how to be green.