Beets are members of the same family as chard and spinach, and the beetroot and the beet greens are high in nutrients and are powerful cleansers and builders of the blood.
The phytochemical in beets, betacyanin, gives it its rich ‘amethyst’ color and reduces homocysteine levels.
Beets are rich in calcium, magnesium, sodium, phosphorus, copper, and even higher in iron than spinach. Actually, its iron is of the highest quality and makes it great for blood-building.
Moreover, they are loaded with vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and C, as well as choline, folate, iodine, manganese, organic sodium, potassium, fiber and carbohydrates in the form of natural digestible sugars.
Beet juice is one of the most powerful natural health boosters, and here are some of its health benefits:
- If you mix it with carrot juice, the powerful cleansing properties treat gallbladder and kidney ailments
- Drink beets juice with honey and drink the remedy three times a week on an empty stomach to treat gastric ulcers
- Beets fights liver toxicity and bile ailments, such as diarrhea, jaundice, hepatitis, food poisoning, or vomiting
- It is a potent solvent for inorganic calcium deposits that lead to hardening of the arteries
- The choline it contains detoxifies the liver and treats damage due to excessive alcohol abuse
- It is highly alkaline and treats acidosis
- The high iron content regenerates and reactivates the red blood cells and supplies fresh oxygen to the body, while copper makes iron more available in the body
- It normalizes blood pressure
- Betaine has powerful anti-cancer properties and protects against colon or stomach cancer
- Beets are powerful cleansers and fight inflammation, so they relieve gout
- It is rich in cellulose that eases bowel movements and treats chronic constipation
- Add a bit vinegar to a cup of beet juice, massage the scalp, and rinse to treat dandruff
- Beetroot juice improves stamina and energizes the body, so it is great to consume it before a sport activity
- The regular consumption of beetroot juice prevents varicose veins and boosts the elasticity of arteries
When buying beets, make sure they are firm and unwrinkled. If you remove the greens, they can last for a few weeks in the fridge. Also, the ones with round bottoms are sweeter than the flat-bottomed ones.
Remember that heat destroys their nutrients, so do not overheat them.
When juicing them, add a quarter slice of an unpeeled lemon to a medium-sized beetroot to boost the nutrients absorption rate, and to enhance the taste.
Additionally, you should gradually increase the intake of beets if you are not used to it, since it can be very potent, and can lead to dizziness due to the detoxification it causes.
Rachael Link, MS, RD gives important tips when it comes to cooking beets:
“There are plenty of options for cooking beets. In fact, you can eat them raw, cooked or roasted. When eaten raw, beets are firm, crunchy and mildly sweet-tasting. They can be used to make beets juice or added to smoothies and salads. Eating them raw ensures that they retain their nutrients and helps preserve their natural flavor.
When you cook beets, they become softer and slightly sweeter. They are often paired with goat cheese or balsamic vinegar to balance their sweetness, as well as arugula, which adds a nice peppery flavor to the earthy and sweet taste of beets. Roasting them also gives their natural sugars a chance to caramelize and gives them a richer, sweeter flavor. Beets can also be boiled, steamed or sautéed as well.
It’s important to note that even though beets seem very resistant and tough, they are actually a very delicate vegetable. Beets are prone to oxidizing and losing some of their nutrient value when they are overheated and overcooked.
Be sure to cook beets lightly to prevent oxidation and maximize the nutritional value of your beets. Additionally, opt for fresh beets over canned or pickled when possible to make sure you’re getting as many nutrients as possible.
The healthiest way to cook beets to keep their nutrients intact is either to steam them for about 20 minutes or under, or to roast them for under one hour, which slowly cooks and softens them.”.
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.