Magnesium is one of the most potent antidotes to anxiety anywhere. This is a relevant fact, given that most adults in the U.S are deficient in this vital nutrient. The recommended daily intake or RDI is between 320 and 400 milligrams daily while the average American adult takes less than 250 milligrams. Magnesium takes part in about 300+ biochemical bodily reactions.
Here is a list of body`s processes in which this nutrient plays an important role:
- Strengthens the bones
- Aids energy production
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Regulates heartbeat
- Regulates blood sugar
Magnesium is also critical for brain function. It helps reduce brain inflammation, promotes normalization of neurotransmitters, and suppresses the stress response. Magnesium might also have a calming effect on the sympathetic nervous system (SNS). Although the SNS works with the parasympathetic nervous system (PNS) to keep us alive, it is also responsible for anxiety.
“Simply taking a good magnesium supplement could pull you out of a downward spiral.” – Carolyn Dean, M.D., author of The Magnesium Miracle
6 Signs You Need More Magnesium to Help with Anxiety
- You have trouble sleeping or insomnia
- You suffer from sore muscles or muscle spasms, twitches, or tremors
- You’re irritable, often for no reason
- You suffer from bone fragility or osteoporosis
- You have a sensitivity to noise
- You’re anxious, depressed, or restless
The link between magnesium deficiency and anxiety is undoubtedly a convincing one! According to a 2017 study published in the journal Nutrients, magnesium supplements decreased subjective measures of anxiety in “moderately anxious individuals.”
Miracle Magnesium Anti-Anxiety Drink
- 1 cup of kale or spinach (157 milligrams)
- 1 banana (32 milligrams)
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk (17 milligrams)
- A tablespoon (TBSP) of raw cacao powder (27 milligrams)
- A teaspoon (TSP) of agave nectar or organic honey (1 milligram)
- 1 scoop of protein powder
Add all the ingredients in a blender and mix!
Magnesium Rich Foods
“I find it funny that more doctors aren’t clued in to the benefits of magnesium, because we use it all the time in conventional medicine.” – Mark Hyman, M.D., author of The Ultra-Metabolism Cookbook and The Ultra-Mind Solution
Top 10 list of our favorite magnesium-rich foods
- Cashews, 1 ounce: 82 mg
- Avocado, 1 medium: 59 mg
- Tofu, 3.5 ounces: 53 mg
- Whole grains, 1 ounce: 50-70 mg
- Dark chocolate (yay!!), 1 ounce: 65 mg
- Dark leafy greens, 1 cup: 100-160 mg
- Pumpkin seeds, 1 ounce: 150 mg (!!)
- Black beans, 1 cup: 120 mg
- Salmon, 1 fillet: 106 mg
- Bananas, 1 large: 37 mg
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.