Cucumbers belong to the same family as watermelon, zucchini, and squashes, and are widely available in most parts of the world, even though they are a tropical plant.
They have a skin similar to the one of watermelons but ranges from green to white, and the flesh is very juicy and pale green.
These vegetables are extremely rich in water, (about 96%) that is naturally distilled, while the skin is high in vitamin A. They are high in alkaline-forming minerals, and vitamins C (anti-oxidant), B complex, folate, manganese, molybdenum, potassium, silica, sulfur, sodium, calcium, and phosphorus.
Fresh cucumbers are highly refreshing and cooling, and offer numerous health benefits:
- Cucumber juice is rich in minerals that regulate blood pressure
- It eliminates excess uric acids and prevents inflammation in joints, and conditions like arthritis, asthma, and gout
- The silica in cucumbers supports the proper construction of connective tissues in the body as in the bones, muscles, cartilage, ligaments, and tendons
- A glass of cucumber juice will cool the body and normalize body temperature during dry and hot weather
- They neutralize acidity and regulate the pH levels in the body
- Cucumbers are rich in cafeic acid which treats water retention
- Cucumber juice treats gastric and duodenal ulcers
- Cucumber juice acts as a potent diuretic and helps the dissolution of kidney stones
- Cucumber juice has potent temperature regulating properties that treat fever
- Cucumber juice is high in sulfur and silicon that stimulate hair growth
- Rub cucumber juice on the sunburnt skin to soothe the discomfort and heal it
- Cucumber slices applied over the eyes will treat puffiness
- Cucumbers are rich in antioxidants and vitamin C which treat various skin conditions like acne, eczema, psoriasis
- Cucumbers supply the necessary electrolytes and restore hydration of the body cells
When buying cucumbers make sure you choose organic ones that are free of pesticides and wax, in order to be able to eat them unpeeled. Also, the ones that are dark green in color and firm to the touch are your best option, and avoid the yellowish or wrinkled ones.
Store them in the fridge. If they are cut, wrap them up or keep them in an air-tight container in the fridge, and consume them within a few days.
The following extremely delicious and refreshing juice that will help you reap all the health benefits of cucumbers. The additional of the healthy and versatile ingredients like ginger and lime will enrich the flavor, add to its cooling properties, and boost its nutritional value.
Here is the recipe:
Cucumber, lime, and ginger juice
- 1 1/2 lbs cucumber
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 28 grams fresh ginger
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar (to taste, optional)
Start by washing the cucumbers well. If you do not use organic ones, make sure you peel them. Then, cut them into chunks, and blend them in the blender, together with the water.
Strain the mixture through a strainer at least twice, to remove the pulp. Next, add the lime juice, grated ginger, and sugar.
Leave the refreshing drink in the fridge to chill before serving.
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.
Join 925,000 others and start your day with the latest news from grow your own, propagating and harvesting plants, how to save money and how to be green.