Ginger ale is an incredibly beneficial natural drink that will help you use the countless healing powers of this root, while you enjoy its fizzy taste and high levels of natural probiotics and enzymes that support the healthy function of the digestive system.
It is quite simply carbonated water flavored with natural or artificial ginger flavors. It is believed that it originated in Ireland in the middle of the 19th century, but this pale, bubbly drink we commonly consume these days first appeared in the early 20th century in Canada.
Most of the ginger ale recipes do not contain alcohol, but this drink has a refreshing and unique flavor, and at the same time, it possesses the health benefits of ginger, particularly when it comes to its powerful anti-emetic and anti-inflammatory effects.
It is low in calories but contains important nutrients, such as calcium, iron, copper, and magnesium, among others.
Here is how to prepare a homemade, natural ginger ale:
- 1-2 inch piece of fresh ginger root minced
- ½ tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt
- ½ cup fresh lemon or lime juice
- ½ cup of organic sugar, rapadura sugar, or honey
- ½ cup homemade ginger bug or ¼ cup whey
- 8 cups of filtered water
In a saucepan, mix 3 cups of the water, minced ginger root, sugar, and salt and bring the mixture to a boil in order to make a “wort”. Simmer for 5 minutes to dissolve the sugar, and remove from heat.
Add the rest of the water, and leave the mixture to cool. Add the fresh lemon or lime juice and the ginger bug or whey, and transfer the mixture to a 2-quart glass mason jar. Stir well and put the lid on.
Leave the mixture on the counter for 3 days, and you might need to stir or burp it occasionally. The use of whey will accelerate the fermentation process. When you remove the lid, it should bubble and should “hiss” like a soda.
Note that you should carefully follow the instructions, in order to prevent too much pressure that will burst the bottle. Then, store it in the fridge, and strain it before consumption.
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.