Knowing that the delicious baked goods we all love can be healthy at the same time is highly satisfying.
Namely, if you avoid all inflammatory ingredients like refined sugars, processed wheat, and vegetable oils, and replace them with anti-inflammatory ingredients, rich in nutrients, you will get a healthy and tasty meal that will energize your body and support general health.
The recipe we suggest contains sweet potatoes, which are highly nutritious, and a rich source of antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins. According to the San Diego-based nutritionist Laura Flores:
“Sweet potatoes are high in vitamin A, vitamin B5, B6, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, and, due to their orange color, are high in carotenoids. Plus, they’re fat-free, relatively low in sodium and have fewer calories than white potatoes — although they do have more sugar. “
Also, “due to the color-pigmented vitamins, sweet potatoes are high in anti-inflammatory benefits.”
Moreover, sweet potatoes do not cause blood sugar spikes, but instead, they will help you get a steady amount of energy, even in the case of type 2 diabetes. Flores explains:
“Sweet potatoes — unlike other starchy foods that elevate blood sugar rapidly after [they’re consumed] due to their metabolism into sugar — will help steady the levels of blood sugar. ”
On the other hand, coconut flour is a healthy substitute for regular flour that regulates cholesterol, while turmeric and ginger fight inflammation, lower cancer risk, fight bacteria, and prevent viruses.
Coconut milk is high in healthy medium-chain fatty acids that boost metabolism and support weight loss. It is also abundant in vitamins and minerals, like vitamins C, E, and B-complex, iron, selenium, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus.
Now, here is how to make healthy and delicious plant-based muffins:
- 1 small organic sweet potato, roasted
- ¾ cup organic coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. organic olive oil
- 3 tbsp. ground flaxseed in ½ cup of water
- 1 cup organic brown rice flour
- ¼ cup organic coconut flour
- ½ cup pure maple syrup or unpasteurized honey
- 1 tbsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- ½ tsp. Himalayan salt
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tbsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
Preheat the oven to 400F. Make several holes in the skin of the sweet potato using a skewer, and place it on a baking tray. Cook for an hour.
When cool, cut the sweet potato in half, scoop out the insides, and put them in a large bowl. Add flaxseed, coconut milk, olive oil, and maple syrup. Mix the dry ingredients in another bowl, and add them to the previous mixture.
Grease a muffin tray with coconut oil, pour the batter evenly, and cook for about half an hour.
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.