I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
Store-bought ice cream is considered a junk food because of its high quantity of refined sugar and other additives.
Homemade ice cream, on the other hand, can be very nutritious, and you don’t even need to own an ice cream machine to make it! One such example is avocado ice cream.
Why You Crave Ice Cream
When you crave a decadent treat, your body is telling you that it needs more fat. That’s why eating a light dessert like fat-free frozen yogurt or ice milk isn’t quite as satisfying as the real thing.
This is because our bodies (especially our brains) need healthy fats in order to function properly. Although they can sometimes be mistaken for one another, cravings express your body’s nutritional needs while emotional eating makes you feel better or gives you something to do.
If you feel like your sweet tooth is getting out of hand, try this unusually scrumptious recipe to meet your body’s needs for fat and protein. Plus, it’ll boost your mood and leave you feeling satisfied. Ever heard of avocado ice cream? It sounds weird but it’s very tasty….and healthy.
What’s in it?
Avocado is a true superfood, providing a healthy source of natural fat that lowers LDL (“bad”cholesterol) and increases HDL (“good”cholesterol). It’s also loaded with potassium, vitamin K and folate.
Cashews, like other nuts, contain high levels of good fats and protein. Protein helps your body repair old cells and build new ones. In fact, every cell in the human body contains protein. These nuts can also help improve and stabilize your mood.
Honey boasts incredible healing properties that will keep your digestive tract healthy while also fighting off viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens throughout your body. Plus, it’s just sweet enough to please your sweet tooth without spiking your blood sugar.
Coconut milk contains lauric acid, which fights viral and bacterial infections. It also contains compounds that lower inflammation and prevent the growth of cancerous cells.
Coconut Avocado Ice Cream Recipe
This truly is a guilt-free summer treat!
- 1 avocado
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1-2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 tablespoons raw organic honey
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- Place the milk and cashew into your blender and pulse until smooth.
- Add other ingredients and blend until well incorporated.
- Enjoy immediately as a smoothie or freeze for two hours to turn it into ice cream.
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.
Join 925,000 others and start your day with the latest news from grow your own, propagating and harvesting plants, how to save money and how to be green.