Depression affects millions of people around the world, and scientists predict that 6.7% of the U.S. adults will be affected by it in the following year.
In most cases, depressed people take prescribed medications used to treat depression, bulimia, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), and panic disorder. However, the use of those medications can cause numerous side-effects, including:
- Dry mouth
- Increased appetite
- Weight changes
- Constipation, upset stomach, mild nausea, vomiting
- Sleeping problems
- Feeling nervous, dizziness, drowsiness, difficulty having an orgasm, impotence, low sex drive
- Shallow breathing or breathing that stops, memory issues, fainting, hallucinations, trouble concentrating, confusion, seizures, weakness and headaches
- Uneven heartbeat, high fever, overactive reflexes, sweating, tremors, stiff (rigid) muscles
- Cold symptoms such as a sore throat, sneezing, stuffy nose
- Burning eyes, swelling of the tongue or the face, sore throat, fever, skin rashes, skin pain, and other skin conditions
Fortunately, there is a natural alternative to these medications, in the form of cashews.
“The cashews area rich source of tryptophan and niacin, and some people consider that 2 handful of cashews is an amount that is therapeutic for tryptophan, which is enough to elevate your mood and alter it.
Actually, the more precise measurement for cashews is 3 and 1/2 ounces of cashews, which is which is a cup and a half of cashews that can provide up to 470 mg of tryptophan.”
They are able to naturally treat depression, and boost overall health. They have an impressive nutritional profile, and according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) National Nutrient Database, an ounce of raw cashews, or about 28.35 g, contains:
- 1.64 mg of zinc
- 3 mg of sodium
- 5.15 g of protein
- 83 mg of magnesium
- 168 mg of phosphorus
- 187 mg of potassium
- 1.89 mg of iron
- 10 mg of calcium
- 0.9 g of fiber
- 1.68 g of sugar
- 8.56 g of carbohydrate
- 12.43 g of total fat
- 157 calories
They are an incredibly rich source of vitamins C and B, as well as DFE folate, polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats.
According to Jillian Levy, CHHC:
“Due to their high nutrient density and supply of many vital minerals, “cashew nuts” and other nuts are often recommended most often to improve heart health. Cashews nutrition is rich in unsaturated fatty acids and numerous other beneficial compounds, including plant-based protein; dietary fiber; minerals like copper, zinc, and magnesium; plus antioxidants in the form of phytosterols and phenolic compounds.
The composition of the cashew kernel is about 21 percent protein, 46 percent fat and 25 percent carbohydrates (a portion of which is indigestible fiber), making it a filling, high-protein and high-fat food choice.
One of the key factors of cashews nutrition is healthy fat content. Cashews are primarily made up of unsaturated fats in the form of monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs that contain oleic acid), plus a smaller proportion of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAS mostly in the form of linoleic acid). Roughly 62 percent of the cashew’s fats are monounsaturated fat, 18 percent polyunsaturated fats and the rest a mix of saturated fats.”
Therefore, cashews effectively treat anemia, gallstones, diabetes, enhance the function of the nerves and muscles, and improve bone heart, and oral health. They strengthen the immune system and help the formation of red blood cells.
Moreover, if you suffer from depression, make sure you consume two handfuls of cashews a day, instead of medications, and you will get much better effects!
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.
Join 925,000 others and start your day with the latest news from grow your own, propagating and harvesting plants, how to save money and how to be green.