Beets are definitely the most beneficial root vegetables, and their leaves are full of chlorophyll and other essential nutrients, and their greens are even more nutritious than the roots.
Their deep red/purple color is due to the presence of a phytochemical known as betacyanin, which can drastically lower homocysteine levels. Beets detoxify and strengthen the blood, and are full of vitamins, including vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and C.
They are higher in iron than spinach and are loaded with calcium, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, and sodium. The roots are also rich in sodium, potassium, choline, folate, iodine, manganese, carbohydrates and fiber.
The iron in beets is of highest quality and effectively cleanses the blood. Beets also prevent ailments caused by the toxins we are surrounded with.
The inorganic nitrate in beets, that they take up from the soil, turns into nitric oxide, and relaxes and dilates blood vessels. Take a look at the impressive nutritional profile of beets.
A cup of raw beets contains:
- 58 calories
- zero grams fat
- zero cholesterol
- 106 milligrams sodium
- 13 grams carbohydrate
- 4 grams dietary fiber
- 9 grams sugar
- 2 grams protein
- 148 micrograms folate (37 percent DV)
- 6 milligrams vitamin C (11 percent DV)
- 0.1 milligrams vitamin B6 (5 percent DV)
- 0.01 micrograms thiamin (3 percent DV)
- 0.1 milligrams riboflavin (3 percent DV)
- 0.5 milligrams niacin (2 percent DV)
- 0.2 milligrams pantothenic acid (2 percent DV)
- 0.4 milligrams manganese (22 percent DV)
- 442 milligrams potassium (13 percent DV)
- 31 milligrams magnesium (8 percent DV)
- 1-milligram iron (6 percent DV)
- 54 milligrams phosphorus (5 percent DV)
- 0.1 milligrams copper (5 percent DV)
- 106 milligrams sodium (4 percent DV)
- 0.5 milligrams zinc (3 percent DV)
- 21 milligrams calcium (2 percent DV)
Here are some of the many health benefits of these amazing vegetables:
Blood Pressure: Beets normalize blood pressure and cleanse the blood.
Constipation: Beets are high in cellulose, so they ease the bowel movements and relieve constipation.
Detoxification: Beets detoxify the liver due to the choline content, and are helpful in cases of alcohol abuse.
Liver Or Bile: Beets cleanse the liver and the body and treat toxicity or bile ailments like hepatitis, diarrhea, jaundice, food poisoning, and vomiting.
Dandruff: To fight dandruff, mix beet juice, and vinegar and massage the mixture into the scalp. Leave it for an hour, and then rinse.
Gastric Ulcer: Mix beet juice with honey, and drink this mixture three times a week on an empty stomach.
Acidosis: Beets are highly alkaline and fight acidosis.
Varicose Veins: The regular consumption of beets improves the elasticity of arteries and prevents varicose veins.
Anemia: The high iron content of beets regenerates and reactivate the red blood cells and supplies fresh oxygen to the body, so they are excellent in the treatment of anemia.
Gall Bladder And Kidney Ailments: Beets cleanse the kidneys and the gallbladder, especially in a combination with carrot juice.
Gout: Their cleansing properties of beets relieve the symptoms of gout.
Atherosclerosis: Beets are a powerful solvent for inorganic calcium deposits that harden the arteries and cause atherosclerosis.
When buying beets, choose the fresh, unwrinkled, and firm ones with round bottoms, as they are sweeter than the flat-bottomed ones. Remove their skin before cooking, and do not overheat them.
Keep them in the fridge for up to 3-4 days, or a couple of weeks, without the greens attached.
Limit the intake of beets if you have a history of oxalate-containing kidney stones, and if you are a beginner, start with the juice of half a medium-sized beetroot once a week, and gradually increase to one beetroot a week. Since it is too potent, it can cause dizziness while detoxifying the system.
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.